Brightens - Refreshes - Reduces dark circles
Removes make-up - Soothes
Replumps - Hydrates - Regenerates
Replumps - Hydrates - Refreshes
Straightens - Tones - Hydrates
Decongests - Hydrates - Refreshes
The skin is the only organ of the human body in contact with the outside. To function properly, it needs water: this is why it is recommended to drink a lot to have a healthy skin. But hydration also comes from the outside: naturally, it is the sebum produced by your skin that has the role of maintaining good hydration. But it's not always enough: pollution, stress or hormonal changes can dry out the skin and make it look dull.
Hydrater votre peau régulièrement a de nombreux bénéfices :
- Protect the skin from external aggressions: moisturizing care reinforces the cutaneous barrier and helps the skin resist external aggressions.
- Fight against aging: with age, the skin has more and more difficulty to stay naturally hydrated and wrinkles appear. Moisturizing your skin is also a way to prevent the signs of aging.
- Brighten the complexion: well-hydrated skin is smooth and radiant.
People with oily or combination skin often think they need less moisture. In reality, the opposite is true! When skin is dehydrated, it produces more sebum to compensate for the lack of water. A moisturizing routine is therefore often the solution to have a less oily skin.
There are many moisturizers on the market: how do you choose the right one for your skin? Follow our tips to find the perfect one.
Avoid products that contain alcohol or silicones: these ingredients suffocate the skin and can cause acne or irritation. Look for products with natural ingredients and moisturizing agents such as :
- Hyaluronic acid, an active ingredient capable of retaining up to 1000 times its weight in water.
- Dextran Sulfate, a powerful decongestant of plant origin.
- Organic cornflower extract, a traditional active ingredient with soothing properties.
- Organic Edelweiss extract, a highly antioxidant ingredient.
If your skin is normal to dry, meaning it produces just enough or too little oil, choose skin care products that intensely hydrate the skin. Your ideal moisturizing routine consists of 2 steps:
- Plump and protect daily with a high tolerance care product such as our BI Cornflower water cream.
- Deeply moisturize with a regenerating night mask to be applied several times a week like our organic cornflower night moisturizing bath.
Do not forget to insist on the eye contour area, an area that is frequently dehydrated when you have dry skin. You can also use a care product specially designed for the eye contour area, such as Klorane's organic cornflower roll-on.
If your skin tends to be oily (especially in the T-zone), good moisturizing is essential to keep oil under control. Choose products with a light, non-comedogenic texture so as not to suffocate your skin. Your ideal moisturizing routine consists of:
- Tone and protect the skin with a smoothing treatment such as our Organic Cornflower Toning Serum.
- Moisturize and purify the skin with a matifying treatment such as our Organic Water Mint purity cream.
Regardless of your skin type, be sure to moisturize at least once a day, preferably after your shower. If you have dry skin or skin that appears dehydrated, you can use a moisturizer several times a day. In addition to your daily routine, use a mask one to three times a week to deeply rehydrate your skin.
Many people worry that a moisturizing routine is too much for their skin, especially those with oily or acne-prone skin. And it's true that products designed for dry skin are generally not well-suited for oily skin, as they can clog pores already filled with oil and prevent skin from breathing.
If this is your situation, look for water-based, light-textured products that are labeled "non-comedogenic" (meaning they won't clog pores). You'll get all the benefits of hydration without suffocating your skin!