Despite frequent cleansing, your skin is dull and tends to become shiny during the day? You may have oily or combination skin and suffer from sebum hypersecretion. A mattifying routine based on natural products will regulate your skin's sebum production and give you a fresh, matte complexion.
Matifying the skin means using care products that act on the production of sebum. Useful for moisturizing the epidermis, sebum has harmful effects when it is produced in excess :
- It makes the skin shiny and gives it a dull appearance.
- The accumulation of dead skin cells prevents the skin from breathing and is one of the most common causes of blackheads and acne.
- Pollution settles on the sebum and degrades the skin's protective layer.
Using matifying products is therefore a beauty gesture, but also an essential care for a healthy skin.
Sebum hypersecretion is caused by two main factors: your skin type and your environment. To matify your skin, you must treat these two causes:
- Treating oily skin: If you have oily or combination skin, your body is genetically programmed to produce more oil than it needs to. Your skin needs a little help with appropriate skin care to eliminate excess sebum and limit its production.
- Limit external aggressions: pollution, stress and poor diet can also affect your skin. Take the time to relax, limit the amount of ultra-processed foods on your plate and use anti-pollution products regularly. Also, make sure your cosmetics are not too aggressive as this can cause your skin to produce too much sebum.
First, make sure your skin care products are non-greasy and do not contain alcohol, as these two elements make oily skin react and cause the appearance of imperfections.
Then, choose care products enriched with matifying active ingredients such as :
- Monolaurin: derived from coconut oil, monolaurin has a sebum-reducing and absorbing action. It helps to mattify the skin and control the production of oil.
- Green clay: green clay detoxifies the skin by absorbing pollution and sebum residues that clog pores.
- White clay: antibacterial and antiseptic, white clay absorbs impurities and sebum.
The daily external aggressions to which our skin is subjected leave their mark: lack of radiance, visible pores and blackheads are all signs that the skin is suffocating and that it needs a little detox to breathe again. A purifying skin care routine prevents the accumulation of impurities for a fresh and luminous skin in all circumstances.
Purifying your skin means ridding it of all the dead cells, sebum and pollution particles that have accumulated during the day. This is essential for combination to oily skin, which absorbs impurities much more easily. Purifying your skin regularly has many benefits:
- The skin can breathe again
- Acne-causing bacteria are eliminated
- Imperfections are reduced
- The skin regains its radiance
Cleansing your skin every day is an essential step to remove makeup and surface impurities. It is recommended to cleanse the face morning and evening, except for dry skin which can be cleansed once a day depending on its sensitivity.
However, to deeply purify the skin, a simple cleansing is not enough. You will need specific care products enriched with antioxidants that exfoliate and detoxify the pores.
Organic Water Mint is the key ingredient to purify the skin thanks to its triple action:
- Antioxidant: it limits the oxidation and the degradation of the skin and the vitamins it contains.
- Anti-pollution: it acts as a protective film against pollution and reduces the accumulation of dead cells.
- Detoxifying: it increases the activity of the enzymes of cellular detoxification present on the skin.
It is the ideal natural active ingredient for a fresh and clean skin: this is why we use it in all our purifying care products.
The ideal routine for purifying and mattifying the skin without drying it out has three key steps:
1. Cleanse and purify with an exfoliating treatment such as our 3-in-1 purifying powder with Organic Water Mint and Clay;
2. Cleanse and purify with an exfoliating treatment such as our 3-in-1 purifying powder with Organic Water Mint and Clay;
3. Purify and mattify in depth with a detoxifying mask such as our organic water mint and clay mask stick.