Why is my hair so oily?
(And how to treat it!)
We hear you! The short version is that oily hair is caused by an imbalance in the natural production of sebum.
The anatomy? Each hair strand is implanted in the hair follicle and linked to a sebaceous gland made up of sebocytes. Sebocytes secrete sebum, a complex mixture of fatty acids, sugars, waxes, and other natural compounds that form a protective barrier against water evaporation- the hair’s hydrolipidic film.
So sebum isn’t ALL bad as it protects and strengthens the hair keeping it shiny and healthy. However, genetics, hormone changes, or even stress can increase oil production.
Now while it seems logical that frequent hair washing is the best way to degrease your scalp, over-washing can strip the hair of its natural oils which can stimulate the scalp to produce EVEN MORE sebum in response- bad vibes for your scalp and for the environment; increasing your shower time and water usage.
Get that grease #OILUNDERCONTROL
Enter our new Mask Powder with organic Nettle and Kaolin clay to break the cycle!
- Regulate excess sebum through the astringent and detoxifying properties of organic nettle;
- Gently cleanse the scalp through the absorbent properties of clay;
- 48 hours oil control* means cleaner hair, longer
How does this powder work?
Step 1: Apply the powder to wet hair once a week.
Step 2: Massage in the powder and lather.
Step 3: Leave in for two minutes.
Step 4: Rinse!
Your hair will feel clean, soft and light, with sebum production regulated for 48 hours*. Use as a weekly treatment to space out hair washes
To prevent waste while ensuring just the right amount of product is used, the Mask Powder comes in single-dose sachets, perfect for carrying with you wherever you go- stash in your suitcase or gym bag! Based on one treatment hair mask per week, a box of eight sachets will last two months.
A true feel good, look good product!
When we created our new Mask Powder with Nettle, we sought to rise to the challenges of sustainable development with an eco-friendly approach at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- 100% traceability for our organic nettle following a traditional farming method that protects the plants ecosystem, which is home to 120 living species!
- A vegan friendly1, biodegradable2 and preservative-free formula that requires less water than a conventional shampoo.
- The manufacturing of our Mask Powder uses 80% less water, preserving the planet’s precious fresh water resources.
- 100% recyclable packaging is produced from sustainably managed forests.
- 72% less packaging**
*Instrumental measurement – 33 subjects applied product once a week for 21 days.